Phumulani Minnesota African Women against Violence -Women at the Well Project
Founding Executive Director
Alkubelin Wellness Collective CEO President : A coalition of African diaspora community leaders and research consulting firm, bridging the gap between government agencies and grassroot organizations.
Founder | Phumulani Minnesota African Women Against Violence | February 2015 – Present
-Founded and established the first African Immigrant women's emergency shelter in Minnesota, raising over $500K in the first 2 years of inception.
- Directs, leads, and mentors a team of 17 , establishing KPIs in alignment with company vision and goals.
- Creates and builds collaborative partnerships with 92+ community-based agencies to reduce violence against women within Minnesota communities.
- Develops and writes grant proposals ranging from $ 10 000 to $ 1 Million, increasing the portfolio over a million dollars.
- Serves as subject matter expert, sitting on the Governor's Taskforce, providing guidance and advice to the office of the Governor on the needs of historically marginalized communities improving policies to become more family and community centered.
- Identifies needs, directing community building efforts to transform outreach initiatives for fostering meaningful partnerships and promoting family well-being.
- Develops and implements marketing initiatives resulting in building effective community partnerships.
- Designs and implements programs to drive communication among members, creating community and belonging, while addressing risks and needs.
- Identifies fundraising opportunities, raising and disbursing $1M to Black-Led Change after George Floyd’s Murder
- Led Healing Circles following the George Floyd Protests
- Oversees community housing needs in times of crisis, housing 300+ survivors of sexual violence and homelessness during the peak of Covid-19.
- Collaborates with analyzing strategies and donor possibilities to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives resulting in increased philanthropic contributions, strengthened partnerships, and enhanced support for our mission and initiatives.
- Engages board members and key stakeholders in donor visits, improving donor relationships, fostering a deeper understanding of our organization's impact, and ultimately increasing financial support for our mission and programs.
- Plans, manages, and executes initiatives in support of strategic planning, prospecting, and developing complex investment opportunities, and grant management, improving organizational sustainability, fostering innovation, and enhancing the overall effectiveness of our mission-driven programs.
- Miss Africa Minnesota 2006
- Gary M. DeCramer Leadership Award at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs 2018
- Global Woman Award in the “Survivor Activist” Global Women Foundation Washington University
- Brooklyn Park Mayor’s Awardee “ Connecting Community Advocacy Award”
- Violence Free Minnesota 2021 Advocate of the Year Award
- Bush Fellowship Awardee 2022
- Black Foundation Community Builder Winner ( One of the 15 chosen grant makers)
- St Catherine University 2021 Alumni of the Year Award 2021
- Humanitarian Impact in the Women Changing the World Award Dr Trent Nominated ( Oprah Winfrey’s Favorite Guest)
- 2023 National Philanthropy Award Day Awardee “ Providing Safety for Immigrant Survivors “
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Master's Public Affairs Policy Phi Alpha Honors
- University of Minnesota Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- United Nations Scholar